IDC in Mozambique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ptango

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice to offer on dive schools in Mozambique

I'd like to do my divemaster/IDC there later this year

If anyone has trained there with a school I'd be interested in their feedback!

Simply Scuba im Ponto 'do Ouro offer Divemaster courses, I doubt they would do Instructors. You can contact them via their website, which should my memory serve me correctly is www.simplyscuba.co.za . The advantage of diving in the southern areas is that you have easy and cheap access from south Africa. Should you wish to venture up north, let me know and I'll try get contact details for you.

Geoff

I have dived with Simply Scuba numerous times and have yet to experience bad service. As far as hosting of dive groups and all round professional service goes, Simply Scuba is top-notch. One thing to bear in mind though - the place is run primarily as a resort and a divemaster course is likely to take quite a while. It could be very expensive. A more economical approach would be to do the lectures and formalities in South Africa, and to the qualifying dives in Mozambique, with the school through whom the DM course is run.(that is how I did mine)

Where are you based?

OK I'll check them out

there's another place called Tofo scuba that's been recommended to me, and they seem to cater more for backpackers

as I'm coming from europe, it's better for me to find one base to do it all I think, if it's cheap enough of course

I dive with Simply Scuba at least once a month. In fact we are going there again next week for 4 days.
I can really recommend them.

As far as Tofo Scuba is concerned - I have heard good things about them but have not been there myself.

I recommend that you send Simply Scuba and e-mail and ask them what options are available to you.

Kobus

It's weird but simply scuba said they couldn't help

possibly because I was asking about an internship

at least you heard positve things about tofo scuba, as they've been very helpful by phone so far

I will ask Simply Scuba about their IDC when I am there next week and will let you know. We are there from next Wednesday to Sunday - will only be able to reply the week after.

I remember reading about Tofo in a local dive mag - Divestyle. Someone wrote a letter reporting on Tofo.
Will dig it up over the weekend and see what it says.

Kobus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom