Ideal Hose Routing for AGA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My team recently purchased a few sets of AGA mask. But the one problem we are all running into is proper/ideal hose routing. I'm curious to see how other members using a FFM with the hose running off the left shoulder rather then the right side configure their gear.

If you can do it with pictures all the better.

What I have on my MK25
AGA mask
Back Up reg SP x650
BC inflator hose
Drysuit inflator hose
SPG

In your opinions what would be the best hose routing for this setup. Or is there anyway to reverse the direction of the hose routing for the AGA so it comes off the right shoulder like a standard reg?

Backup. Run normal. WICKED short hose with Right angle adapter. Sucker literally is like 9 inches long for single tank and I think about 18 maybe for doubles. Since it is a FFM, I have seen people run the octo's and clip them off to their right shoulder D-rings. No angle adapter, but needs a bit longer hose. This works fine since it allows you better head movement, and when you need it, it's probably not going to be for sharing air.
Other option is to run a longer ish hose, 32-36 inch on the octo and bring it down to the right hip. You'd pass it similar to a long hose for air sharing. This has seen some controversy with other people that I know, but with FFM's you have a lot more time to react to a buddy out of air since he has to get his mask off first.

BC inflator, run normally
Drysuit, run same direction as octo, either over or under shoulder. Doesn't matter. Ours go over the shoulder and down, but I've seen a lot of people run them under and in. Bottom port on MK25

SPG runs normally. Under left armpit and onto whichever D-ring you want. I use left shoulder so I can see it since I burn a lot more air on an AGA

AGA hose, big important one
You can either use a real short hose coming into the mask and run normally. Can use a 90* adapter and run an even shorter hose *what we do
or use whichever adapter you like, usually a 120, and run it under the left armpit and up to the mask.
If you can get the custom length hoses, I'd run the real short one into the mask, just make sure when you measure it, it's with your head turned all the way to the right.

So is there anyway to re route the AGA to come off the right shoulder like a standard primary reg?

the regulators are non directional like the Poseidon Jetstreams. You could certainly ask a tech to stick them on the other side. Shouldn't be a problem whatsoever. We have a dedicated regulator setup for them, and it's a new setup entirely so we just memorize the new routings and are done with it. We will do a CESA if it's shallow enough before removing the mask though since it has the potential to ruin the COM system

I'm all for dedicated setup for them if the rest of the equipment it was attached to was company gear. Since the majortiy of our divers use personal gear that we have set up for psd, I'm trying to get a system together without having to change to many hoses for other types of diving I do.

I think Im going to go the route of talking to a tech about the routing.

the nice thing with the AGA's, is you can pretty much just unscrew the reg and flip it over. As far as personal equipment, it's moving a port plug around, which is an adjustable wrench and allen key. Just make sure it's a tech certified in AGA's, because they are rather finicky... If there isn't one, find one certified for Poseidon's, they should be your next best bet

Thanks man, I just don't want to have to move every single hose any time I want to do some different kind of diving.

Next step Im going to put the AGA on a long hose and do my cave classes like that. :)

You can't flip an AGA over.., the bayonet connection will not fit in place on the mask

If your diving full face mask, you should know how to tear it down and put it back together as well as how to "route" hoses. If not, stick to a basic scuba regulator and scuba mask and let you local dive shop take care of you.

Routing hoses Wasn't really the issue. What I wanted to know was if there was anyway to rotate the direction of the hose on the aga. I was also looking for advice on what others do for hose routing.

I can figure out how to route hoses. But like everything else in life there is more than one way to do it. A few of us within the co. Will be taking the aga service tech class but until then taking apart a piece of life support equipment doesn't sound like the best route to take without the proper training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom