If you could get certified anywhere....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LoneWolf:
Right now I actually live in Mexico City. I am a military diplomat at the US Embassy. While I am already in Mexico, Mexico City is still a decent trip to any good diving. I do speak Spanish, however with something as POTENTIALLY hazardous as cave diving I would like to have an English speaking instructor. To those of you recommending Mexico, any English speaking schools?
Have you checked out DIR Mexico?

One of my buddies did Cave 1 with them and plans on going back for Cave 2 soon.

It's probably too far away but the Cave Diving Association of Australia has one of th best reputations world wide as a certifying agency for cave diving.

They have had no cave related accidents since the early 80's and Australia is unique in that each 'cave' system is rated, i.e. you have to have a certain qualification level before you can dive that site and this is enforced.

This definately not a skill set you want to rush. You wold normall start with cavern-sinkhole do say 20 dives in that environment then move to regular cave, do another 20 then get the full penetration rating. Even at that level in Australia there are some systems you need a min number of full pen dives before you can enter them.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom