If you had to choose, 80% or 100% for deco gas and why.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL, Speaking of 90's. I'm so out of sorts with both 80% and 100% now after reading all of this, I am moving towards 90% starting at 25' @ 1.6.

I think we all need to get off this site for a few hours and go diving :)
Got spots on my boat this weekend, 1-2 footers in the GOM, vis has been pretty good...

Edit: No 80 or 100 will be allowed on board, except for the DAN O2 kit...

Truth be told, it doesn't really matter a whole lot either way. I think 100% is a better gas choice, but it's not a big huge massive hairy deal either way.

Let's play Devil's Advocate and throw an 85/15 heliox into the debate. Especially wholesome following a nitrox decompression dive (cave dive for example). Maximum N2 vacant partial pressure and on paper at least, less of a vasoconstrictor than 100 percent.

wonder_woman_xlarge.gif

Let's play Devil's Advocate and throw an 85/15 heliox into the debate. Especially wholesome following a nitrox decompression dive (cave dive for example). Maximum N2 vacant partial pressure and on paper at least, less of a vasoconstrictor than 100 percent.

I don't know about 85/15, but 50/50 sure rides better than O2 in a 40 :)

Both VPM+2 and Buhlmann 20/85 show a longer deco with 85/15 @30ft (ppo2 is 1.63) compared to o2. I used 80' for 120mins on 32%.

Seems like a lot of hassle for nothin'.

Both VPM+2 and Buhlmann 20/85 show a longer deco with 85/15 @30ft (ppo2 is 1.63) compared to o2. I used 80' for 120mins on 32%.

Seems like a lot of hassle for nothin'.

FUHGEDABOUDIT, Steve. AJ's comment clearly shows his entire mindset is about reducing deco time. Risk plays absolutely no part in his thinking.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

kwinter's comment clearly shows his entire mindset is about sitting on deco for as long as possible and/or not leaving the shallow end of the pool. Actual diving plays absolutely no part in his thinking.

I'm all ears, just got a tmx DC. Instructor all lined up.

As usual for me, no rush. From my point of view, mix is all about narc.

But REALLY interested in safety aspects of He, can add nothing to this discussion past this point. You guys/gals know what you are talking about, I just ask that you be explicit and keep assumptions in check.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom