If you were going to be in Atlanta on business and had an extra day for the Gulf...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MapQuest shows it's 5-1/2 hours to PCB from Atlanta and 4 hours to Savannah. I know it's not the Gulf, but what kind of diving is available in the Savannah area?

Good point. I'd be willing to give it a try. Anyone?

Thank you.

Savannah area

The River, (drift dive) and Grey's Reef (Boat dive) are about all I've heeard of down there.

We dove the GA Aquarium last year and had a blast. It's about thirty minutes and you don't need to carry any thing. The only thing you can bring is your mask anyway. They have everthing setup for you and you put on your wetsuit, walk out to the dock and put on your gear and off you go. Did I mention the whale sharks are circling under the dock to see the new people.

Go through one of the Dive shops and it's a little cheaper.

Dave

Also the drive time will depend on what time you plan on leaving and also what day of the week. if you plan on driving on a Friday down 75 between the hours of 3-8PM, good luck. You will be sitting in traffic for hours and that 5.5 will easily turn into 7-8 hrs. I am not exagerating at all, it can be brutal. If you are driving on a weekday it will be a little better but not much. I drive to florida all the time and if i dont leave before 2-3PM on a weekday, then i dont leave until 9. Also no one in this area has a clue how to drive so you have to deal with that also.

I would go down to_panama city and jump on a dive charter,the dive locker is a good one or Pat Green,not sure of the name of his shop. It is 6.5-7 hrs from my house which is about 30 miles north of Atlanta. Panama city dive charters is the name of Pats shop.

Understand Atlanta traffic! Spent many years stuck in rush hour on the way through town to various racetracks. (Who needs practice anyway...)

The charter idea out of Savanah or Panama City may be the ticket since the shore diving sounds limited.

Thanks for the link. I have bookmarked it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom