igills new iphone case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it just me? am I the only person who is GLAD that my phone has to be left on the boat
dang Iphones are becoming an appendage to some people.

Is it just me?
Am I the only person who is GLAD that my phone has to be left on the boat?
Dang iPhones are becoming an appendage to some people.
Whatever do you mean?:idk:
I can travel anywhere without my iPhone as long as I have my iPad.:rofl3:

8507671619_b9347452a3_d.jpg 8507672113_161bd78a55_d.jpg

Ewwwwwww sorry
No Apple Fanboy here
I am in the business of servicing these products
Personally I own Android

I just had the opportunity to use my Igills i bought a few months back. I tested it in my test tank to 100ft. for about 20 mine, no issues..... SOOOO today I take it to use at a local lake during my wife's cert classes.
Dive 1.... When I plugged in unit it turned voice-over on iphone (almost impossible to turn off with out itunes)... app ran but did not show anything but main screen... FAIL....
Dive 2..... I cleared the voice-over (after an hour search on google) and plugged in, got working on short.... Went into water and tested light, compass on top of water... with compass on, I was tooling around on top for about 5 minutes, Froze on compass screen!!! FAIL!!....

So, I REALLY wanted this to work because it's awesome in your hands when it's working, but with this thing failing 2x on a completely updated, IPhone 4s that has no other apps on it, and I did this to be a dedicated dive computer, I would never use it again.... Phone has never had an issue and i have 2 of these 4s iphones.... Take it for what it's worth, but im not having another dive of mine ruined by it....

Have you contacted Igills? I have had the same issues and have come across 3 others on Divebuddy. The people at Igills said they were going to check it out but I have not heard back in over a month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom