Ike Strobe Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryanc65

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking to purchase an Ike case for my G9. I am also looking at the DS-51 strobe package.

My question, what is the difference between the EV controller and the TTL sync cord.

Is it just the more manual control with the EV? Is it worth the extra $25-$50 bucks for the amatuer photog?

Thanks
Ryan

I am looking to purchase an Ike case for my G9. I am also looking at the DS-51 strobe package.

My question, what is the difference between the EV controller and the TTL sync cord.

Is it just the more manual control with the EV? Is it worth the extra $25-$50 bucks for the amatuer photog?

Thanks
Ryan

I do not have a g9 but my understanding is it has a hot shoe on it.Go with the sync cord.This way you have access to your systems capabilities.Attach hot shoe to it and you have ttl use of strobe..

The EV controller is for cameras that do not have a hotshoe. The Canon G9 does have a hotshoe and you will get TTL with an Ike strobe & housing...so get the TTL sync cord.

Any reputable dealer should give you this info.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom