Ikelite Canon S95 housing forward compatibility with S110 or S120 - Will it fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magas8282

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Happy Friday! I was hoping someone has tested the forward compatibility of the Ikelite Canon S95 housing with newer models such as the S110 and S120. I know that Ikelite makes different housings for these newer cameras, which according to their FAQ means that they are not compatible. I also know that the S110 and S120 vary in size compared to the S95 (sizes below), but it appears that the S120 is closest in physical size to the S95. However, I also know that the diameter of the front dial varies between models. Has anyone tried to fit the S110 or S120 in this older housing? My S95 stop working (has an issue with its aoutofocusing). I would like to take the opportunity to upgrade camera, but not to spend the money on a new housing. I am hoping that with some light modifications (e.g. shims, dremel, or rubber pads), I can make it work. Thoughts?

S95: 99.8 x 58.4 x 29.5 mm
S110: 99.8 x 59.0 x 26.9 mm
S120: 100.2 x 59.0 x 29.0 mm

Happy Friday! I was hoping someone has tested the forward compatibility of the Ikelite Canon S95 housing with newer models such as the S110 and S120. I know that Ikelite makes different housings for these newer cameras, which according to their FAQ means that they are not compatible. I also know that the S110 and S120 vary in size compared to the S95 (sizes below), but it appears that the S120 is closest in physical size to the S95. However, I also know that the diameter of the front dial varies between models. Has anyone tried to fit the S110 or S120 in this older housing? My S95 stop working (has an issue with its aoutofocusing). I would like to take the opportunity to upgrade camera, but not to spend the money on a new housing. I am hoping that with some light modifications (e.g. shims, dremel, or rubber pads), I can make it work. Thoughts?

S95: 99.8 x 58.4 x 29.5 mm
S110: 99.8 x 59.0 x 26.9 mm
S120: 100.2 x 59.0 x 29.0 mm

Did you ever figure this out? I've got the same issue: Ikelite housing and dead Canon S95. Like you, I'd like to be able to use the S95 housing with one of the newer Canons.

thanks, Andy

Probably won't fit, controls were changed.

I had the same issue with my s90 (the flash died). So I got 2 used s90's (no cheap s95's were available at the moment). If I had my hands on s100 or higher, maybe I could figure out something...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom