Ikelite Converters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefHugger

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for a new camera and have short listed the following cameras - Canon G7, G9, Nikon P5000, & P5100. For their ability to use wet lens and also TTL, it seems as if only Ikelite will have housings that fit the bill. Here is the rub - I already have the Sea and Sea YS-110, (in any event I don't like the bulk of the DS-125). Are there any converters to change the Ike's bulkhead so that I can use the YS-110 in TTL?

Seems a shame to pay extra for the TTL circuitry and then use fibre optic.:(

Ikelite strobes power the ttl conversion circuitry in the housings, so the compatibility issues are more complex than simply adapting the plug.

Ikelite does make a sync cord that allows you to attach your existing flash to this housing, but you'll have to control its output manually.

Ikelight makes an adapter for the sea and sea strobe so you can conect them but if i remember right you will lose TTL with it i don't think it is possible. that just what i remember from when i was looking at different set ups

Thanks to both of you, I have now seen the synch cable on the Ike site. Ikelite still on the table, but I may however dodge the whole issue by going Nikon P5000/P5100 and Fantasea. I gather that Ryan thinks that the P5000 is nowhere as bad as the dpreview's review suggests.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom