Ikelite ds-125, Inon z-240 or Inon z2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turtle1933

Reaction score
i have the canon g9 and i'm going to buy the ikelite housing. would you guys recommend the ikelite ds-125, inon z-240 or the inon z2000? which would you buy if money is not a factor? which would you buy if money is a factor? How much of a factor should the ttl compatibility of the ikelight strobe be in my decision-making, as well as just the overall compatibility of the strobe to the housing?

i have the canon g9 and i'm going to buy the ikelite housing. would you guys recommend the ikelite ds-125, inon z-240 or the inon z2000? which would you buy if money is not a factor? which would you buy if money is a factor? How much of a factor should the ttl compatibility of the ikelight strobe be in my decision-making, as well as just the overall compatibility of the strobe to the housing?

you have a g9, which has a hot shoe,and you ask what strobe? go for the ike strobe, the housing is made for it and is a perfect match. You will like the ttl feature as it is a nice tool to have.

I replaced my single DS-125 with two Sea & Sea YS-110 six moths ago and I'm really glad I did. Having two strobes gives much more control and I also like the fact that the YS-110 uses AA-batteries...

The DS-125 can "produce" a lot of light, but so can two YS-110 :)...

Z-240 gets my vote. Uses double A's (was very handy when I forgot to charge my batteries and a we decided to do a dive last minute - I only needed to buy some AA's and did not miss anything)

It's also small (good for travel) and throws out a good amount of light.

Z...

I agree with Oly 5050. DS125 with the hot shoe is the way to go. Any other connection is going to cause issues.

Thanks. I'm going with the ds125.

Thanks. I'm going with the ds125.
I promise you will be very happy. I'm going to order my second this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom