Ikelite DS 125 vs YS-120 TTL Duo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yannis

Registered
Reaction score
Considering that I own an Ikelite housing for my Oly C5050, which one of the two flashes would be the better buy? And is there even any other strobe in their price range to take into consideration?
Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Best regards
Yannis
Patras - Greece

Don't know much about the YS-120 but you can have a look at the Inon Z220s along with the Ikelite DS-125. With the DS-125 you have the options of upgrading your housing with Ike's TTL convertor and get Olympus TTL or adding the manual controller and get 10 step manual control of the strobe. If you get the DS-125 then Ike's Smart Charger is recommended. With the Z220 you can get 11 step manual control but it is a much more compact strobe and uses standard AA NiMH batteries.

Dear ReyeR

Thank you for the info. The Inon Z220 was the first one on my list, but due to the fact that they are not represented here in Greece, I have to choose between the Ikelite and Sae&Sea strobes.

Thanks again

Yannis:
Considering that I own an Ikelite housing for my Oly C5050, which one of the two flashes would be the better buy? And is there even any other strobe in their price range to take into consideration?
Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Best regards
Yannis
Patras - Greece

Why not get Ike's TTL circuit added to your housing if you don't already have it. TRUE TTL control with ANY IKELITE strobe. No choice really!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom