ikelite DS-50 w/ Manual controller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aic007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just wondering,

Has anyone ever bought one of these kits before? I just recieved mine in the mail todat and in the bag with the defuser there is a another part that for the life of me I can't find anywhere on Ikelite's site or in the book that came with the strobe. Its black, about 2-3 inches long and is flat with a screw hole on one end and the other end is round but facing forward, 90 degrees to the other hole for the screw. Don't have a photo but made a crude pic in paint of it. I think its a flashlight holder but if it is I need a longer screw to attach it under the lamp head as it isn't long enough.

Any ideas would be great, gonna try Ikelite tomorrow if no one knows.

Just a side note, I went to their site to look for it and now they have a DS-51, the new DS-50. ohh well.

Thanks,

AIC007

detail

Is it the manual controller? the back end twists and then the hole gets larger/smaller? The front end would have a black cap on it; take it off and there would be too little sensors under cleas plastic and the Ike logo somewhere near. The flashlight holder has a larger oval-ring to clamp the light in place.

I have seen the mini-c lite holder and this is definately not that. I do have the manual controller, it has the dial with power settings and also the silver cover that has two switches under it for preflash and ds-50 and ds-125. This piece is nowhere on Ike's website and I can't find a pic of it anywhere. When I get home tomorrow morning I will take a pic of it and post it. Also gonna try and call Ikelite and see if they have an idea.

Thanks

ok,

here are a few pics of the item in question.

detail

detail

detail

emailed Ikelite the pics and this was their response,

Part in photo is a mount to use with a handle.

The stem part is replaced with unknown part. I can't find a photo on the web site either. It was an older type mount.

Regards
Tom

Strange as to how the company doesn't even know exactly what it is. Wonder how it ended up in the kit in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom