Ikelite DS125 Battery won't come off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nnhubbard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
For some reason, the battery on my Ikelite DS125 is stuck, and I am not sure how to get it off. I have not really used the strobe before, as it was a gift, so I am trying to figure out how to do it.

The latch seems to turn slightly, but is just won't unlatch. Is there a method for doing this?

Forgive me if this sounds stupid...

Are you sliding the latch out, then lifting it up and then turning it???

It doesn't sound stupid. :)

I see that it is suppose to slide, but I can't figure out how. Explain what you mean by slide it out? Nothing is sliding...

I feel dumb..

Okay, Battery/Strobe in hand, strobe facing down, the Black latch on the back of Battery needs to slide towards the outside of the battery, With your thumb press down on it and try to pull/slide it to the outside of the battery, away from the center, Then it should lift up, then should turn and unlock and you should be able to lift the battery off

Okay, Battery/Strobe in hand, strobe facing down, the Black latch on the back of Battery needs to slide towards the outside of the battery, With your thumb press down on it and try to pull/slide it to the outside of the battery, away from the center, Then it should lift up, then should turn and unlock and you should be able to lift the battery off

This part has been done, but the latch is stuck in the up position, turned slightly to the right. It does not seem to want to turn back in line with the notch in the top:

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-03-31 at 23.53.jpg
    Photo on 2010-03-31 at 23.53.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 50
This part has been done, but the latch is stuck in the up position, turned slightly to the right. It does not seem to want to turn back in line with the notch in the top:

Okay, That latch **Should** Turn Towards you, I have the same set up and never this Problem, If It wont, tomorrow, Call Ike-Lite and ask for Bob Swanson, He and Ike lite custermor service are fantastic!!

I am affraid I can not be of any better help, I am sorry!!

You Might also contact Ike Lite here on this board, they are here!

Okay, That latch **Should** Turn Towards you, I have the same set up and never this Problem, If It wont, tomorrow, Call Ike-Lite and ask for Bob Swanson, He and Ike lite custermor service are fantastic!!

I am affraid I can not be of any better help, I am sorry!!

You Might also contact Ike Lite here on this board, they are here!

Thanks for the help that you did provide, I appreciate it, and will keep trying.

Bob Swanson no longer works at Ikelite.

Sounds like the toggle might have sand in it. Ikelite would be glad to help you.

Yeah, I need to give them a call.

Not sure if it is sand, I might have just put it on wrong. I just was putting the battery on real quick to transport it, and now I can't get it off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom