Ikelite housing and DS-125

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roswin

Reaction score
I'm planning to buy an Ikelite housing for my new C-5050. I realized that the Ike housing can only be use with an Ike strobe ( I intended to buy an Inon d-180 but there is no cable available for this housing). So my probable choice will be a DS-125 with sync cord for TTL strobing.
My questions are:
1)can you still use the external strobe in manual mode or it can work only in TTL by sync cord connection?

2)can you use the external strobe for super-macro pics?

Thank you

roswin:
I'm planning to buy an Ikelite housing for my new C-5050. I realized that the Ike housing can only be use with an Ike strobe ( I intended to buy an Inon d-180 but there is no cable available for this housing). So my probable choice will be a DS-125 with sync cord for TTL strobing.
My questions are:
1)can you still use the external strobe in manual mode or it can work only in TTL by sync cord connection?

2)can you use the external strobe for super-macro pics?

Thank you

Yes you can use the strobe in manual mode But I have had good resultes in TTL just rase your shutter speed. If you go to the Ikelite web site they have some very good setups for your camera with a Ikelite 125 strobe.

Yes you can also use it in TTL in Super-macro mode.

You can use other strobes but I have been very happy with my Ikelite strobes. My understanding is that you can use the strobe in supremacro/ttl mode. You might want to check out a thread in the digitaldiver.net board in the strobe section where I am asking some specific questions about strobe use in supermacro. I haven't done it yet....but plan to experiment with it during an upcoming trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom