Ikelite Housing for SP-350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick question here. Everytime I change out my RCR-V3 batteries my camera forgets the time. I read in the advanced manual that if the camera has been used long enough it should be ok if you put the batteries back in withen a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem. Its only a minor inconvenience, oh wait its not a minor convenience I just checked my camera and the mymode settings are back to default. Any suggestions?

That shouldn't happen. I've had my battery out for hours while recharging and never had a problem. There is a default reset in the settings mode, but it doesn't sound like you're using it. Once you've set your MyMode settings to "current" and hit the OK button till you're back to the main menu, they should be saved until you change them. Make sure the camera is off when you take the battery out, obviously (although I've solved a lock-up by pulling the battery while on.) Otherwise, can't help you.

u r right Larry, maybe that is the problem Crawl79 was expereincing

My settting have been saved and I have been using them for a while. I think the internal battery isnt yet charged. Because its not just my settings that got lost but also the camera date and time. I just tried to take out battery and put back in quickly and didnt lose anything this time.

honestly, i haven't heard the internal batteries needed to b recharged

From Page 116 of the Advanced Manual:
! Note
* The date and time settings will be returned to the factory default settings if the camera is left without batteries for approximately 3 days. The settings will be canceled more quickly if the batteries were only loaded in hte camera for a short time before being removed. Before taking important pictures, check that the date and time settings are correct.

Now from reading that I assume their is a transistor or capicitor that first needs charging so that when you take out the batteries it can keep the settings. I may be wrong but it was a guess.

sunkarm:
i think oly sp350 is also excellent to b used topside.
I wish i can post picture onto this thread but don't know how unless i have url adress

morning merry christmass.

i Bought both the 320 and 350. when on holiday i am intending to use the 320 topside and leave the 350 in the housing,but if sumthing happens to the 350 I can always use the 320 in the same housing.

cheers:D

Morning and Merry Christmas to you, good luck with the cameras everyone here seems to like them allot.

After boat problems on Friday finally got in the water with the new camera on Saturday. On Friday I did end up with a nice beach dive right next to Pao de Acucar. Well, currents were bad, water green and full of plankton, water very cold even for Rio (my computer showed 68) but I went with the camera anyway and maybe got 4 decent UW water pics and about 10 nice ones from the surface looking at the boat and Rio in the background. Saw a large rockfish but I couldnt hold still long enough to get a nice pic,could only focus on his fins. Anyway, I have a new respect for UW photographers and I cant wait to get back to the Carribean where the diving is easy but for now I will keep at it in the green cold waters of Brasil.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom