Ikelite Housing / Sea&Sea Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The key piece that I finally found at B&H Photo was the adapter to put the YS-27DX on a 1" ball system: Aquatica AQBHASS Ball Head Flash Mount Adapter

Thanks,
Chuck

Any suggestions on an arm to mate a Ikelite G9 housing to a Sea & Sea YS-27DX Strobe?

I may have joined the thread too late, but wanted to ask you set up. I recently purchased a Canon G9 and deciding on an Ikelite house or the canon. I have a sea and sea ys-90dx auto. The sea and sea are not compatible with Ikelite housing.

What is you set up? Do you use a fiber optic cable? Or the manual flash controller?

Thanks

ejg62

Never too late!

I have a Sea&Sea YS27DX strobe. Previously, I used it with a Canon A75 and Canon UW enclosure.

The YS27DX is a manual strobe triggered by an optical link. The Ikelite housing comes with a diffuser AND a flash shield for the housing.

I drilled a hole in the shield and mounted the optical flange to it.

Chuck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom