Ikelite Nikon 4500 Underwater Housing (Housing #6186) [Free Shipping]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PacketSniffer

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Up for sale is 1 Ikelite underwater housing for a Nikon 4500 Coolpix digital camera. I've owned the housing for approximately one year. It's taken fabulous pictures while diving. I'm also including a Li-ion battery pack that plugs in to the Nikon 4500 Coolpix's external power port. This will power the camera far longer than the standard internal batteries.

This housing/camera combination is capable of superb photographs. Controls are provided for every camera function except menu changes of the small "joy stick" control at bottom right of the back which allows only scrolling through pictures taken.

The housing is molded of corrosion free clear polycarbonate and operates safely to 200 feet. Complete housing and camera weighs less than 6 pounds.

The optional Nikon wide angle and fisheye lenses do not operate in this housing, but the special underwater wide angle lenses from Inon and Sea & Sea wide conversion lens #58070 can be utilized.

The camera flash is blocked by the underwater housing. A bulkhead is installed to allow use of a sync cord with any TTL SubStrobe. The Coolpix strobe must be in the open position to utilize the sensor window that provides auto flash with TTL strobes. This window is on the pop up strobe of the camera.

Single Release Handle system allows easy attachment and removal of SubStrobe mounting arms at the touch of a button. Older SubStrobes require modification if the strobes were made before 6/1/01. Optional mount for Nikonos strobes is available.

Housing measures 7" wide including knobs; 10.5" wide with the removable handle bar attached; 6" high; and 6" deep including port.

Retail on the housing when new was $750.

$200 Delivered

Attachments

• Housing.jpg
    Housing.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 160
Price now $150

Sorry. It sold a while ago.

If this housing is still available I want it. Please contact Rich Diebold via Email to
rldieb@charter.net
If it is already sold, please let me know so I can continue my search. I have a Nikon Coolpix 4500 and also two Nikon coolpix 990 cameras!

Thank you, Rich Diebold

Uhhh, did you read above? lol It's sold.

Back
Top Bottom