Ikelite WD-4 dome lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been wondering that myself. I've seen the results w/ the Fantasea Dome, but never on the Ike setup. It is my understanding that the end FOV is the same between the two. I've also been eye balling Dyron's products for the Ike/G10 setup. They have some interesting port/lens options for the G10, but there is little support or usage here in North America.

gert7to3,

The WD-4 restores the widest Canon G10 28mm FOV (field of view) underwater.

Samples under the ice last February below. Email me if you want some pool shots.

davidhaas@sbcglobal.net

Attachments

• IceDiveCanonG10FireDeptDivers.jpg
    IceDiveCanonG10FireDeptDivers.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 280
  • IceDiveCanonG10Divers4.jpg
    IceDiveCanonG10Divers4.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 233
  • IceDiveCanonG10Jason.jpg
    IceDiveCanonG10Jason.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 199
  • IceDiveCanonG10John.jpg
    IceDiveCanonG10John.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 173
  • IceDiversCanonG10Divers3.jpg
    IceDiversCanonG10Divers3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IceDiveCanonG10Divers1.jpg
    IceDiveCanonG10Divers1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 204
Well those pictures answer my questions. It always seemed that a dome would work better, but I always thought you would have to replace the flat port. Now to find a dome.........$$$$$$$$$

gert7to3,

Email me or check out my site David Haas Underwater Photography

The WD-4 is priced similarly as a wide lens option for other housings. It's a SEALED unit with air in between a rear flat lens and the dome.

If you already have the G10 housing you're most of the way there.

I have extra tips I include FREE to my Ikelite customers on any system. Plus I actually have used many (if not most) of new digital cameras as they come out :)

Best regards,

David Haas
davidhaas@sbcglobal.net

I use a WD-4 for my Ikelite Housing (G10) it works fine... one thing I have found with it is on the Dome it has 2 .030(approx) holes drilled into the black plastic at the 12 and 6 oclock
positions. Make sure that you don't press the WD-4 onto the port to far, and block these holes...if so,the water will not fill the void completely, and when you look into the LCD you will see water moving,so just make sure the holes are not being covered up by the dome on the housing.

A few other things,that might help... ALWAYS use a little grease on the inside "O" ring...It would be a good idea to install and remove the WD-4 several times at your house before you try it under water, it can be a bear to put on and remove!!!

Also DO NOT turn the WD-4 clockwise, or counter clockwise while trying to remove this...Mine was so TIGHT it turned the dome on the housing along with the WD-4.

Once I finally removed the WD-4... the dome on the camera housing was so tight I could not turn it with my hands...I had to use a strap wrench to remove the dome.

I was told by Ikelite that on some of the WD-4 domes... they did not make the grove deep enough into the plastic so the "O" ring was not seated far enough into the dome and it was a very tight fit to go onto the camera housing dome...they were "not kidding" it sure was tight,I also took some 400 grit paper and took a little rubber off of the "O"ring.

Easy way to remove is to : Place your finger tips against the housing and use you thumbs to push the WD-4 away from the dome on the housing. Sorry to be so long winded, but I hope this might help someone with there WD-4...Regards to all

Back
Top Bottom