I'm certified look out fishies here I come!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pentiumchic

Reaction score
Well I'm now certified to dive.My last dive to get my cert was one mask clearing then swimming around looking at all the fish.It was just so awesome.51 minutes of bottom time just doing what I joined the class to learn to do.Swim around looking at all the fish and reef.Toward the end of my dive my instructor gave me the look behind you sign.I turn and what should I see but the biggest sea turtle I have ever seen right next to my fin.I was afraid to flip my fin without smacking the turt in the face.But looking into that turtles eyes and knowing it was there cause he wanted to know what that funny looking bubble making thing was it was just priceless.I don't care how many dives I log I will never forget looking into that turtles eyes and sharing his world for the little time I was able to.I CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE HIS WORLD AGAIN!!!!

Jen
Hawaiian Turtle groupie.lol

If you're a bona fide turtle groupie :) , do a dive at Makaha Caverns - there's a 3 flippered turtle out there that has been named Tripod (of course) - very friendly and very inquisitive. Maybe too much so for some, though.

Apparently before it was widely recognized as a no-no, divers used to feed the turtles vienna sausages and such - Tripod obviously still reminisces about these long past smorgasbords. :)

She also likes to look at her reflection in diver's masks. I got up close and personal with Tripod a few months ago - she cruised right up and we peered at each other for a few moments before I moved to the side and she continued on her way. Very cool.

I was at Electric Beach was told after the dive that the turtles like to hang out by the power plant outflow.Was kinda funny looking at the fish shoot off when they hit the out flow.Was also a very good warning of way you the diver do not play in it.Whooosh!

Jen

I have been in the cold, fresh water too long.....I want to see a turtle. I only see little snapping turtles here but not when I am diving. Where would be the best spot when travelling to see big turtles?

Awesome! It reminds me of the time in Cozumel when I met a big turtle in a swim through. He did a barrel roll to get around me and I brushed him (gently) with my hand as he soared over my head. It was a great experience and one I will never forget. That is why you can always sign me as a. . .

i hate u. we got certified in a Quarry !!!! anyhow ... congrat !!!!

I got certified in a 98 degree crater. The only turtle we saw was the rubber one on the platform at 25 feet. Oh yea we did see a suspended wagon wheel at 35 feet. :mean:

YEP.....You are hooked!!!

I will never forget my first turtle swim along

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom