I'm looking for the right OP, recommendations please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octostudio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'll be in Cozumel for ten days at the end of june. I took a 3br place at Paradise Condos- its the first property north of Chankanaab Park. Heres's what Im hoping for: a dive op that caters to advanced divers, small fast boats, 4-6 max divers, pick up at or close to the property. I'm working on a zookeeper style prototype so I'd like to scoop up some lionfish occasionally. Beyond that, perfect weather, infinite visibility, etc. Thanks.

Talk to Jeannie at Tres Pelicanos, they regularly hunt Lionfish off the Skinny Shark.

I've used both Aldora and Dive with Martin, and I like them both. But for advanced divers who want lots of bottom time and more dives to more advanced sites, Aldora seems far the better choice, unless cost is a limiting factor (Aldora offers a lot more in service than DWM, but is also a lot more expensive - you get what you pay for). Also, just a thought, if these divers want to hunt lionfish, can they even do that in the Marine Park? I know that the Marine Park allows (looks the other way?) when DMs spear lionfish, but I've never seen divers who are not licensed DMs spear lionfish within the boundaries of the Marine Park - at the wreck, and on Northern reefs, sure, but not within the Marine Park. Am I mistaken?

Besides Aldora and Dive with Martin, there are another hundred or so dive ops to choose from.

Two other ops that are highly recommended and which I've personally used are Living Underwater and Blue X-T-Sea. Both are single-boat dive ops with all the "valet" frills. I find the smaller dive ops more to my liking because you get very personal service and direct interaction with the owner.

I find the smaller dive ops more to my liking because you get very personal service and direct interaction with the owner.

You mean like Aldora, sounds like you're describing them

5069726+_369da0e1fc33ff620d97e721132872d6.jpg

You mean like Aldora, sounds like you're describing them
No, I don't mean one of the biggest dive ops on the island.

Just curious, how many of your Aldora dives were led by the owner himself?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom