I'm new I know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

future_MB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey im sierra im 14, and ive been studying marinebiology since i was 7. i started reading highschool biology books at that age, and i am going into highschool this year, and ive been on honor roll all my life and i just exited 8th grade with a 3.7 gpa, and i plan on going to Univarsity of Miami for marine biology and techinical support. so if any body has any internships or advise i would greatly appriciate it.:dork2:

Welcome! Become a certified diver and never lose sight of your dream!
I wish I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up!

I still don't! :D:lotsalove::D

Thank you, i plan to do so, as soon as i get enough money, i plan to get certified! and you will find your dream one day, never stop believing in what you enjoy, it wont let you down

Hi Sierra,

Welcome to the board! My best friend in college was also named Sierra, but she went into molecular biology. Check out the Scalli internship offered by the Boston Sea Rovers:

Boston Sea Rovers

Best wishes for your future plans,

Tim

hey thank you, i really appriciate this, i will look into it when i become a senior in highschool/freshman in college

Welcome to ScubaBoard. My son is your age, he dives and is interested in evolutionary biology, he wants to go to Oxford and study under Richard Dawkins. Is there anyone who's work you are especially interested in yet?

Hi and welcome to the board! My sister went to college to become a marine biologist and she loved it. Unfortunately she was injured in a car crash and can no longer scuba dive so she has become a school teacher. A few of the things that she did that helped her along the way were:

1) Get certified to dive (already mentioned)
2) She volunteered at a local aquarium while she was in school to gain practical experience
3) She participated in any volunteer activity related to the water (trash clean ups for example)
4) She joined an ocean preservation society, I don't remember the name, but they had activities and meetings with guest speakers and she got a lot of information and made good contacts through them.

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors!

Back
Top Bottom