I'm panicing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kat

Contributor
Reaction score
I am leaving for vacation this Saturday, March 20th & I don't know where I'm going.

My boyfriend had wanted to go to Ixtapa, but it's not looking good. We are flying standby, so whatever has 2 open seats - that's where were going. This is nuts. I have gone to Mexico before w/out a hotel & it's turned out fine. But I haven't tried it during spring break. I'm looking at hotels in a few destinations, so I'll have some kind of plan. It's becoming overwhelming & I'm starting to stress. Can't wait until I'm checked in at the hotel...somewhere.

We went just before spring break and the PBT's were really good. Don't worry about it, just pack your bags for somewhere warm and have your passport on you. You'll end up somewhere.

even when the hotels are full you can still find a room somewhere... ever think about takin' the tent?

As an airline employee that has forgotten what it's like to travel positive space, I wouldn't sweat it too much. You would be AMAZED at the number of people who show up to take a flight to Mexico with only a driver's license or their SS card...I work the Int'l flights for my airline so I am VERY familiar with it. It is very rare that we actually end up not being able to get nonrev passengers on mainly because of document issues!

and don't forget to fill in the blank on the immigration card that asks where you're staying... even if you don't have a reservation, you might want to write something down. We once landed in Jamaica and I left that line blank, was asked where I was staying and I said.. "I don't know, we just got here" and we were told without reservations we'd have to get back on the plane and go back to the states.... or go use a phone to call one of the places advertised in the airport to book a room. we did, for one night anyway.

holdingmybreath:
and don't forget to fill in the blank on the immigration card that asks where you're staying... even if you don't have a reservation, you might want to write something down. We once landed in Jamaica and I left that line blank, was asked where I was staying and I said.. "I don't know, we just got here" and we were told without reservations we'd have to get back on the plane and go back to the states.... or go use a phone to call one of the places advertised in the airport to book a room. we did, for one night anyway.

Yeah, alot of countries that require you to fill in a landing card do this (including the US). No idea why...

Ah ..... the joys of non-rev travel. I've spent some holidays with my family in multiple airports (non of which were our destination). Enjoy.

Rich

I was working on this hotel thing all day yesterday. I started at 10A, when I got home from work & gave up about 7:30P I do have a list of several hotels - in each possible destination. Well, at least we are ready to roll - got the summer clothes packed, the bug spray(might end up in the jungle), dive gear, passports.
My boyfriend had wanted to go to Ixtapa. I wasn't as interested, because of the diving being so-so. I researched the area & found alot of other activities to do. I started to get excited about it as the date got closer. At least I knew where we would be staying. Now it's a big mess.
My friends at work are always entertained by my travel adventures. They are all able to travel whenever they want, so they go off-peak. I have a very small window of travel time, because of my kids. The week my kids are off for spring break, in March and the 2nd week in August - that's it. It makes it hard to travel when your not flexible with your dates.

Well, it's Monday. Where did you finally go for your "vacation?"

Rich Hagelin

Kat,

What other fun things are there to do in Ixtapa, do you have some web sites and suggestions. My wife and myself are going there in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom