Images From 2012 Vandenberg Dive Scooter Race

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
It is dive race time again on the Vandenberg off Key West, FL for the third year running!

Vandenberg-Grand-Prix-BACK.jpg

I didn't think I would be able to make this year's race due to family commitments but was able to make it down for the actual race day. There is a nice summary of happenings on the first two days of the event on Divewire at: Underwater racers compete in Third Annual Vandenberg Grand Prix

1%20start%20IMG_0893.jpg

The starting point for the races on Sunday morning, the Seaduction Dive Shop on North Roosevelt Blvd. Key West, FL.

2%20heading%20out.jpg

Heading out. Unless otherwise noted on the images, these photos were provided by Dave Sirak of the Wreck Racing League. Many were actually captures from GoPro video footage.

5%20get%20ready%20IMG_0967.jpg

Dave Sirak and Dave Hartman gear up to place the race course markers. They have this down so well it only takes about ten minutes.

5%20GOPR0552-1.jpg

We're tied into the Vandenberg and moving down to the race area on the ship.

course%20s_r07_0RTXO3OZ.jpg

The race area along the 531 ft. Vandenberg. The Recreational Class did three laps while the Expedition Class completed five laps.
The Vandenberg off the Key West Customs House prior to sinking about six miles south of the island. Original photo: Andy Newman, Florida Keys News Bureau

11%20a%201%20START%20FINISH%20CAM%201.jpg

They have set up a GoPro camera trap at the start/finish line to document each lap the racers make. It also shows the starting lineup well too.

Continued at:
2012 Vandenberg Underwater Grand Prix Dive Scooter Race - FKA Kiteboarding Forums

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom