In need of ideas...diving in SE Asia in a week or two

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

londonj

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all

I just thought I'd post to get a few opinions on a somewhat belated bit of planning on my part :D

I'm due to be in SE Asia for a couple of weeks right at the beginning of the new year and want to go somewhere great to dive. Since we're arriving in Singapore, I'm primarily looking at places that I can reach within a day or two from there.

Our interests are - seeing some big fish and a low-key environment (preferably a real divers place, rather than mega-resorts). I've been to Perhentian islands, which was great fun, but when I was there the instructors were always saying I needed to try Indonesia (Etc. - just insert the name of some other country here.)

So I'm having a real hard time deciding between the following:

- Sipadan...(but is this too much of a drag now with the current implementation of the passes policy?)
- Heading for the Philippines and trying to find somewhere there...
- Bunaken & Lembeh
- Somewhere else in Indonesia. This has some interest for me as I'd like to have a bit of a look around Indonesia itself.

How would you guys make the choice? I would be *so* grateful for some tips and advice...

John.

Back
Top Bottom