In Pensacola over X-Mas week..Any recomendations on diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's still somewhat clean, although it's beginning to get that initial layer of film and small growth on it. It's getting thick enough for people to write their names on it (see "Oriskany Tagging" on Scubaboard)

I'm amazed at the number of fish who have made it home already. Just yesterday I saw easily 50+ barracuda, a school of Lane snapper, a nice Scamp and schools of amberjacks, blennys, and several varieties of ornamentals and tropicals.

Water temps: yesterday at 103: 64 degrees F; Surface 68 degrees F: It'll probably drop a few more degrees by Feb, so a 5-7 mil with hood should be enough.

Air Temps: Yesterday: Mid 70s. january-Feb: It's going to vary. But expect upper 50's for most day's highs, and you should be fine.

The challenge is when it's 40 and cloudy, but we have hot water showers on board to warm up during the SI.

Feel free to PM if I can be of further help.

And yet another recommendation for Capt. Dave and his most excellent DM Erik! It was good to see you guys last night- thanks for coming!!

Heather

Back
Top Bottom