In Sydney Jan 26 any recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBA_Phil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,
I will be in Sydney and looking for a boat dive (2 or 3 dives) on Jan 26. Any recomondations on what boats or dive stores to go thru?

Thanks
Phil

Jan 26th is Australia Day :yeahbaby: (see link in my sig below)

its a public holiday long weekend and the harbour is going to be chockers with boats & celebrations

where are you staying as this will help in pointing you to a dive shop

cheers

heheheheheh,.... nice - Sat will be very busy, lots of people out celebrating so go out there and join in and i suspect fireworks at some point on sat night.

do you have access to transport??

from Rose Bay wharf, the mad frenchmen might be diving, no website, so if you email him he will answer.
Yves Moulard
Mob 0412407641
scubaroo@pacific.net.au

Clifton Gardens, Peter & Zoe; Scuba Diving - Plunge - Sydney

Ramsgate, Carl at Abyss; Scuba Diving & Scuba Gear - Abyss Scuba Diving

otherwise catch a ferry from circular quay (after the ferry races and if you can get on one that is) and see if Manly is taking a boat out; Scuba Diving Sydney Australia with Dive Centre Manly - local experts and closest to the best dive sites.

but

and i see you are CCR & GUE trained..... Bondi Dive has one of only 2 GUE instructors in southern hemesphere (Liam), good bloke and good crew; Scuba Diving Sydney Australia with Dive Centre Manly - local experts and closest to the best dive sites.

and tech diving is Southern Cross (Bazza); Southern Cross Divers Calendar

and hubby asks me, will you be bringing the meg??

have a look over these and ask away with location and anything else i can help you with.... i dont do boats so i can only point you in the direction

cheers

Almitywife,
I won't be bringing the Meg on this trip. This is a very short trip (1 week). I do come over on longer trips and would be willing to bring the Meg on the next trip if your husband want to dive a few days with me. Currently Im just air diluent trained but will be getting Trimix certified 2ed week of Feb. I did contact Zoe at Plunge and he has a boat going out on that day. Im going to just take a Taxi.

PS: I will be having Lamb Chops and Beer for Australia Day!!

Phil

im backkkkkk - just got back (pssstttt, Zoe is a girl.... must be my spelling)

heheheh - hubby only air diluent also, he still buidling hours up on the meg

i have no idea what we are doing on the saturday yet..... hubby just got his housing for his slr (we were just out testing the housing) so if we are out that way (hubby gets O2 fills from Peter) will be sure to ask aboot you!

oh, and if you have a camera, the dive outside of plunge shop is nice enough also... alot of sand but angler fish and sea horses and stuff

i will ask him if he wants to dive clifton with the new camera and let you know if we will be there!

opps - i just looked at the boat schedule.... boat doesnt leave until 11am

we might see you as you gear up/head out then as we will be finished diving by 11 (we're early morning people :D)

either way - will catch you some how to say g'day

G-day Almitywife,
I would like to meet you guys! Thanks for telling me about Zoe, the contact was thru e-mail.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom