In-Water Recompression?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divingaddict

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anybody ever used In-water Recompression to treat DCS? Or know anyone who has? I know it's controversial, but it seems
to have it's uses, especially in remote locals.

Reactions: =C=
The problem, especially in remote locations, is you usually don't have the gas required to complete the required decompression. Things always seem possible on paper but reality is a whole different animal. To properly conduct decompression you keep precise depths with a precise ascent rate. Wave action, tide changes, rain, wind, moon cycles would all have a negative impact. Then add in heat loss and dehydration. You would be better off transporting than wasting time attempting to do something that will probably just make the problem worse. In IMO there is zero use for anyone to attempt this process in water. My 2 cents.

As I recall the table 6, 20 feet equals 20 feet.

The group with which I used to dive used IWR to resolve DCS symptoms 3 times to my knowledge. I was not present for any of them. Each was successful. I believe they used the Australian Protocol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom