Inaugural Rocky Mountain Oyster gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two months from today.

Anticipated attendees:
According to the calendar: - knotical, Wijbrandus (1 guest), Divedoggie (1 guest), Rickster (1 guest), Capnsnott, and RonFrank (2 guests)
And from other posts in this string: - Bill H, ddavies, and roakey.

That’s over a dozen! (so far)

I hope to be there with a placard (key) at 0730. The placard lets us drive one vehicle at a time to “scuba beach” to unload only. There are enough of us to warrant a second key if someone else is willing to arrive fairly early, stay late, and pony up the $7 (and your driver’s license as hostage). Let me know and we can split the names between us (they sometimes want a list of those in your group when you get the placard).
And btw, it’s usually more efficient if we load stuff into a few pickups in the main parking lot for the trips to the “beach”, rather than every vehicle taking a turn.

Some site info here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=928651#post928651

I've noticed quire a few other people in various other threads from Colorado who have not shown up in the RMO's posts. Lets do some recruiting!

I would love to meet you all on the 18th but unfortunately I'll be in CA, and not for pleasure so hopefully we can do this again. But if anybody wants to diveany other time let me know and I'll be there as work allows. Can't wait to meet you all.

The only rule is the new guy has to bring the beer. I prefer Coors, but some of the other guys have more discriminating tastes. We'll get a list together for you. :)

I'm kidding, welcome aboard!

Don't forget to post a welcome message in the Introductions folder, so we can all properly greet you, and fill out your profile a bit so we know more about you.

Always glad to see more divers in the Denver area.

johndoe5:
I want to join this club....how do I go about doing so? Are there membership fees? please let me in on the details!!! Thanks

You can forward you membership dues (1 Million dollars US) to ME!!! :11:

Seriously, no dues, no membership, just people in the region ATTEMPTING to go diving together in a place where good diving is really not all that easy to come by.

So maybe the company of good divers will make up for the lack of diving!

The more the merrier, and hope you can join everyone at the res.

Who's heading up this thing? Do we have a signup sheet for the pot luck?

Can anyone bring in a gas grill? I'll sign up to bring some dogs or something to cook.

Is beer (for after the dive) allowed in the park?

Wijbrandus:
Who's heading up this thing? Do we have a signup sheet for the pot luck?

Can anyone bring in a gas grill? I'll sign up to bring some dogs or something to cook.

Is beer (for after the dive) allowed in the park?

If you go to the Rocky Mtn. Oysters calandar, the event is listed, and you can add your userID. This is not required to go, but will help us decide how many plackards to get, etc.

A pot luck is a really good idea.

Beer is allowed in the park IF you define Beer as 3.2% (which I really do not).

The week before the gathering, we should likely decide on who is going to get plackards, when we want to arrive, and who can bring what.

I have a portable propayne grill (one of those little ones) and a Coleman 2 burner stove I can bring if we want to BBQ. Heck I could haul my full sized BBQ if needed.

In any event, maybe we should start a new thread to define who is bringing what, a potluck signup so to speak. I'll go ahead and do that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom