independent (solo) diving Malta and Gozo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Germie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have been to Malta a couple of times. And I know that you can hire a car and tanks and go diving independend, so without guide or divecenter. Now a person asked me if I had done this alone. I said no, but why shouldn't it be possible? I know you can to go most divecenters alone, but then you are limited to the divesites they offer. So the question does not sound strange in my ears. And we heard that some divers have done this. Does anyone has experience with doing this alone? So hire a car and hire tanks and get trimixfills? And to what divecenter have you been?

I have been to Malta a couple of times. And I know that you can hire a car and tanks and go diving independend, so without guide or divecenter. Now a person asked me if I had done this alone. I said no, but why shouldn't it be possible? I know you can to go most divecenters alone, but then you are limited to the divesites they offer. So the question does not sound strange in my ears. And we heard that some divers have done this. Does anyone has experience with doing this alone? So hire a car and hire tanks and get trimixfills? And to what divecenter have you been?

You might get a better response in one of the more region specific forums. I am sure there are folks who solo dive in those areas?

N

You may wish to contact a few dive centres and put your questions. If you google "dive Malta" you can find the contact details of many of them.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom