Indonesia Flights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't try it to see, but do you know if the credit card has to be Indonesian to work? We have been told every time that we can not do our own tickets because you have to live in Indonesia to purchase them????

I didn't try it to see, but do you know if the credit card has to be Indonesian to work? We have been told every time that we can not do our own tickets because you have to live in Indonesia to purchase them????
Jake, I have bought tickets from Airasia.com, Garuda, Batavia Airlines, Lion Air everytime online from France through their website and I can assure you that you don't need an Indonesia credit card to buy the tickets. VISA cards are accepted.
Though there are some hints to follow, especially on Batavia Airlines website (or is it Lion Air?), like clicking on a "foreign origin" option, otherwise it will consider you are indonesian and won't let you access to foreign payments.

I was also very impressed with Garuda customer relationship policy : they call you home to verify whether it's not a fraudulent purchase and whether your ticket was the one you needed. They once found a better flight option for us, canceled and replaced the flight for no charges! It's not for nothing they have been awarded Skytrax award 2010 for best improved airline!

On the other hand you have to dogfight with Lion Air to get a refund on a cancelation : they pretend they can't refund foreign Credit cards if you're not in Indonesia, which is wrong. Their english language knowledge is also very limited, it's a shame knowing they pretend and advertize it as their "international" call centre tel number.
I found out the only way to get the refund properly was asking their Singapore office, which is more customer friendly than Jakarta.

Jake, I have bought tickets from Airasia.com, Garuda, Batavia Airlines, Lion Air everytime online from France through their website and I can assure you that you don't need an Indonesia credit card to buy the tickets. VISA cards are accepted.
Though there are some hints to follow, especially on Batavia Airlines website (or is it Lion Air?), like clicking on a "foreign origin" option, otherwise it will consider you are indonesian and won't let you access to foreign payments.

I was also very impressed with Garuda customer relationship policy : they call you home to verify whether it's not a fraudulent purchase and whether your ticket was the one you needed. They once found a better flight option for us, canceled and replaced the flight for no charges! It's not for nothing they have been awarded Skytrax award 2010 for best improved airline!

On the other hand you have to dogfight with Lion Air to get a refund on a cancelation : they pretend they can't refund foreign Credit cards if you're not in Indonesia, which is wrong. Their english language knowledge is also very limited, it's a shame knowing they pretend and advertize it as their "international" call centre tel number.
I found out the only way to get the refund properly was asking their Singapore office, which is more customer friendly than Jakarta.

Wow! Thanks Luko! Great information! I agree..Garuda is great! They did not charge any overweight fees for luggage from Bali or from Makassar. When we arrived in Makassar a Garuda agent met us at the baggage claim and helped us get into the city. He was there the next morning to help us with everything for our flight to Sorong. He also stored our dive bags in the Garuda office so we only had to take a small luggage into the city to the hotel! Great service. I am happy to know this information because I always see what the tickets cost on their website and then I see what we pay the travel agents and it is a LOT more! Thanks so much to both of you!!!(Luko and The World In My Eyes)

@Luko/jake11

Busy at Moment.Luko saved me what i would of said.As i mentioned i will normally get someone in bali to book flights for me for the reason Luko mentioned and as you mentioned Jake travel agents will make there profit.

There is no problem with Air Asia.Garuda ok and you pay more for flights,some other airlines they can cancel flights Merpati even day before.Lionair not too bad a week before.

As for the website i have posted this really is useful to know who goes where and how much and any promo's and maybe
if we look into this site more maybe this will be the answer to get over problems everyone faces.

What you have to remember is flights generally are not too reliable Indonesia at times and plan knowing that.Even with Air Asia good as they are i book a flight the one before i reall need just incase,saying that i never have had a problem so far with them or delay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom