Indonesia in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waltham

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok kids I have been promoted at work so the wife has given me the green light to dive Indonesia for all of October. I’ve done Bali and Layang Layang so am now thinking I will head to Sulawesi. I’m considering Lembeh, Raja Ampat, and Bunaken. I’ll be a solo diver so has anyone got any recommendations fair these places or else where in the area? I’m open to all information and suggestions. I’ll enjoy the much diving as much as the corals and walls. Any suggestions for accommodation, dive centres etc all genuinely gratefully received.

I've been diving in Indonesia in the last 15 years, logging over 1000 dives, including those places you mentioned. I think October is a good timing for Banda Sea or Ring of Fire (ROF) adventure as some local dive operators referring the crossing trip to. You can do muck diving like in Lembeh, around Ambon, whale watching or freediving, bluewater diving to see schooling hammerhead, reef diving, all in one trip. Here are some videos that I took during ROF adventure, below:

Have fun diving in Indonesia!

Anyone want to see video on diving in Indonesia, there are tons of them in you tube.

Stayed with them on Lembeh previously. No problem.
I was using Bastianos on Bunaken but it has changed ownership since so no idea what it is like nowadays.

Cannot beat this no matter what, especially with adventure in mind.

A through ticket by SQ + Scoot from London(LHR) to Manado(MDC).
Lion Air from Manado(MDC) to Sorong(SOQ) direct.

Have fun.

I would go to Raja Ampat first because of the distance and particularly the use of domestic airline. Domestic flight in the country can be unreliable.

Bali or Komodo is another option because of the weather.
Please check the weather pattern in Oct.

Highly recommended.

October is an ideal time to visit North Sulawesi, as the strong winds from the S.E to S.W. have subsided, and the winds from the North have not yet arrived. Transfers between the mentioned locations are relatively quick, taking approximately 3 hours per transfer. Contrary to popular belief, there is no need to use the same company for smooth transfers. As a solo traveler, you will likely appreciate not being charged extra for your room. To make the most of your trip, we highly recommend booking your own private boat with a crew and guide. The advantages are remarkable: you can create your own schedule, choose when and where to dive, and determine the duration of your dives, without having to accommodate the preferences of others or adhere to the dive center's timetable. Underwater, it will be just you and your guide, and in Lembeh, you can enjoy the unique creatures without having to wait in line.

I think October is a good timing for Banda Sea or Ring of Fire (ROF) adventure as some local dive operators referring the crossing trip to.

I'll be on a Banda Sea crossing trip with Mermaid liveaboards departing Ambon October 13th. I believe one of the lower deck cabins just opened up (it had been sold out).

I've never been to Indonesia before so I'll be doing 2 weeks in Bali beforehand.

I'll be on a Banda Sea crossing trip with Mermaid liveaboards departing Ambon October 13th. I believe one of the lower deck cabins just opened up (it had been sold out).

I've never been to Indonesia before so I'll be doing 2 weeks in Bali beforehand.
I’d love to but sadly those cruises are way behind my budget

If you have a month, I would do northern Sulawesi...Manado/Bunaken then Banka Islands on top and then over to Lembeh for macro.

Back
Top Bottom