Industry UPDATE: Why PSI-PCI is the “Only Recognized” Training for Visual Cylinder In

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNewsWire

Contributor
Reaction score
PSI-Scuba-Show-100x100.jpg
PSI-Scuba-Show-100x100.jpg
We at PSI-PCI say this often.  Until recently we have never had to defend or explain what we meant by that statement.  It has always been very clear.  But if you have questions about why we say this, please read on. PSI-PCI was established over 30 years ago by NOAA fisheries scientist Bill High.  In…
The post Industry UPDATE: Why PSI-PCI is the “Only Recognized” Training for Visual Cylinder Inspection? appeared first on DiveNewswire.

More...

Bull crap. Lots of places recognize other training. Many places don't care if it's a PSI sticker. They want a shop sticker. Even if there is zero mention of PSI on it. Some don't care at all because they know that the vis sticker is only good for the first fill after the vis. After that it's a crap shoot. Amazing the misinformation that gets thrown around as fact.
Really don't like competition do they. If they would lower the price of the class they might not have to worry about it.

Jim I totally agree with you, my training was with a SDI instructor who owned 2 dive shops in the Tri-State area for over 35 years. I spent 2 full days of hands on training to get my certification as opposed to a 1 day session with PSI at Beneath the Seas. I know that before I put my vis. sticker on a tank that I have carefully inspected tank inside and out and I have vis'd 100's of tanks. The problem is that PSI is trying to monopolize the vis. trade.

You guys need to reread their claims why they can say what they are saying. They have a valid claim - it might be narrow in scope but it is valid. Every company in every industry uses such tactics to make such claims, ad nauseum. It is called marketing. If you if do not agree feel free to file a complaint with the FTC over false and misleading statements.

In the mean time, work on some claims as to why what you offer is better. Jim does this sound familiar? "Training with me, … assures you of one of the most comprehensive training courses you can take as a beginning scuba diver"

The problem is that PSI is trying to monopolize the vis. trade.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, People say that about PADI and scuba certs, Microsoft and operating systems, etc. etc.

Is it true that that a PSI cert is only good for one year, and must be retaken annually to maintain validity?
I couldn't find anything about that.

Every company in every industry uses such tactics to make such claims, ad nauseum. It is called marketing. If you if do not agree feel free to file a complaint with the FTC over false and misleading statements.

That would be the 20th century course of action. In the 21st century, they are challenged on their claims in public online forums.

Is it true that that a PSI cert is only good for one year, and must be retaken annually to maintain validity?

Every 3 years.

Its good for 3 years, and then a refresher course is required

What do they add or update every three years to require that?
Do they think people will forget what to do in a three year time frame?
And, is a refresher the same cost as the initial cert?

Back
Top Bottom