Inexpensive Barbados Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate Barbados and I hate how Bajans hate Trinidadians. But all that aside, Barbados is more expensive than Trinidad and Tobago (groceries, etc) decent night life, easy to navigate, nice beaches, great watersports options, Barbados being a good spot for surfers and for divers. I have only done a couple reef dives on Sandy Beach Reef, the viz was good I speculate at about 100 feet, nice corals and lots of turtles and some big *** king mackerels were there with us. Sounds like a great deal, you definitely need to do the jolly roger cruise, I haven't been in years but I remember enjoying it thoroughly.

I thought I had posted on this one....must be a bunch of Barbados threads now.

I just got back from my second trip and for a dive ops without hesitation I would recommend John Moore of Dive Barbados. Go to google...you will find him.

Plus....if you dont have a place to stay....try the SeaFoam Haciendas....not bad at all. Clean and affordable.

Things to do.......Oistens fish fry every Fri and Sat night. This trip the Friday night one seemed to be the best. Open air music dancing and good eats. Buy food there..>DO NOT buy tickets ahead of time...rip off.

Do the Roots and Rythm review....lots of fun.

Do a cat day tour. Again lots of fun and one of the best deals for the money.

Rent a car.....Leisure car rentals......it is an easy island to drive on and lots of great sights. Go to Little Bay next to Cove Bay (not on map) as Little Bay is the most coolest place to walk and climb around on.

yell if you have questions....

Oh...one more thing.....when you land in Barbados at the airport...you will get off the airplane OUTSIDE...walk INSIDE a big room to do customs. DO NOT run to get in line. Go over to a very small table and get one of the green forms and fill it out before you get in line or they will send you right back and those lines can be killers.

rich

oh...also.....

the PAMIR is a great little dive if you enjoy wrecks. It sits in 60 fsw so you have a lot of air time.

Most will try to get you to do the STAV which I was very disappointed in (but then I live just near the NC wreck strewn coast) plus it sits in 130 fsw and your bottom time will suck. Not a vacation dive to me.......

rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom