Inexpensive SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sambolino44

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm surprised at how expensive brass SPGs are. It seems to me that none of the SCUBA gear brands actually make these, they just put their logo on one made by somebody else. This makes me think there must be some way to get a decent-quality brass and glass SPG for a lot less if you just know where to look. Is that true? Or am I really going to have to pay around $100 for a gauge?

Soggy is where I got mine. It is a very nice SPG, good service and about as good a price as you'll find. However I almost died since there is no red zone to tell me when to go up :wink:

Boggles my mind that these are so much cheaper than the POS plastic "rec" ones I had been using before I knew better.

sambolino44:
I'm surprised at how expensive brass SPGs are. It seems to me that none of the SCUBA gear brands actually make these, they just put their logo on one made by somebody else. This makes me think there must be some way to get a decent-quality brass and glass SPG for a lot less if you just know where to look. Is that true? Or am I really going to have to pay around $100 for a gauge?
Considering the SPG is the one guage that will keep you alive, what's your life worth?

sambolino44:

They're almost always on sale somewhere for around $50.00, or about the cost of the plastic ones.

Phil at Dive Sports has them from XS Scuba for a great price. He has the standard and compact sizes, both brass and glass. Check them out here and here.

I also wonder why they are so pricey. I just picked up a beauty on Ebay. Brass and glass Scubapro spg with luminous face with a attached hp hose. Very rugged. Total cost with shipping-$28.00. And it had the "Danger Zone" marked so I know when to abort the mission. Thanks again Ebay.

I have a couple (have to check if its two or three) brand new XS Scuba psi 2.5" B/G spg still in box for....$50.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom