Inexpensive SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I've been using this gauge for a while now, and one of the things I really like about it is that it's the easiest to read gauge I've ever used, because the increments are in 100 PSI, no more counting, "Is that five marks to a thousand (200 PSI) or four marks (250 PSI)? Sure makes life easier. Why aren't they all like that?

Dive tech in Mallory Town had a deal on Spg's last time I was there. Under $100cdn wit hose.

Pro Tech in Playa had some deals on Diverite SPg's too.

Add my vote for Soggydiving.com.

I have one SPG with a shiny blue H that cost me $34 more than the DIR Zone SPGs Soggy sells, but I needed it now so it was worth it at the time. I personally like the 4500 psi gauges like the DIR Zones better than the 5000 or 5500 psi gauges as 100 psi lines are IMO slightly easier to read.

John

Same factory, with added finish. Nice gauge; I have 3-4 from TDL. I'd suggest you CALL, though, to make sure they have it in stock. I've had to wait before... For best price, you can't beat Soggy.

Yup. I haven't seen Soggy's gauge first hand, but I can tell you the finish and the silk screening on the TDL SPGs are better than that of the XS Scuba SPG.

That said, I suspect they'll both show me the pressure in my tank equally well.

I use a plastic Sherwood spg from 1989. It goes up to 5000 psi and has never let me down.

Does that make me a bad person? Would people like me more if my spg were made out of brass and glass?

I got a great deal for a brass and glass from Phil at Dive Sports.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom