Infinity Bay Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guarantee they do not take Cdn $.

US dollars are widely accepted in Roatan. In terms of other currencies, I really don't know. Last June (things can always change) I saw an ATM at the West Bay Mall (and I saw people using it) and I saw one at the Mayan Princess. I believe there are one or two in West End. The ATMs are more reliable than they used to be, but you never know. I suggest getting USD before you leave Canada, and bring a lot of $1 and $5, preferably newer bills. Many of the tourist shops as well as the restaurants will take credit cards (expect a surcharge), but if the power or phone lines are out, you might be screwed, Watch your statement for the next few months as well.

I booked the same package. This includes unlimited shore dives (not guided). Extra boat dives are charged at a discounted rate of $27 per dive. I also tried the shark dive and it was much better than Stuart Cove's in Bahamas. This dive can be arranged through the hotel dive shop and costs $100.

All the SITs are done at on the beach at the hotel where you can grab a snack and a drink before it is time to go under again. Boat rides are anywhere from 5 to 10 min long.

Unfortunately the shore dives must be accompanied by a buddy. You cant dive alone there, So for me the shore diving was off. I spent most of the time diving with the boat anyways. Nice part is the reef is right outside the resort. you can skin dive or snorkel right over it, I prefer to dive myself though.

---------- Post added March 12th, 2013 at 07:58 AM ----------

US dollars are widely accepted in Roatan. In terms of other currencies, I really don't know. Last June (things can always change) I saw an ATM at the West Bay Mall (and I saw people using it) and I saw one at the Mayan Princess. I believe there are one or two in West End. The ATMs are more reliable than they used to be, but you never know. I suggest getting USD before you leave Canada, and bring a lot of $1 and $5, preferably newer bills. Many of the tourist shops as well as the restaurants will take credit cards (expect a surcharge), but if the power or phone lines are out, you might be screwed, Watch your statement for the next few months as well.

Also to add, they dont except any torn bills. Make sure you american dollars are fairly new. Also agree, bring lots of ones and 5s, You will need them for tips. I mean really!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom