Inflatable Diving Kayak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAirHarper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was looking for a tandem inflatable diving kayak to extend my shore diving distance. Any suggestion on where I should start looking?

How about at one that doesn't need to be blown up? The inflatables just do not track well. If it gets windy and ugly you are going to be miserable trying to paddle it. A ridged kayak will perform much better and be faster. If you plan to carry scuba gear though you can not haul two people on a ridged kayak with all the gear. They will not handle the load safely.

I agree about the tracking. I had an inflatable tandem kayak (actually won it in a contest, wouldn't have bought it) and it was a real bear to paddle if there was any wind. I suppose they have their place but be aware there is a big tradeoff there.

Well unfortunately I have no other options. I live in a apt and therefore have no place to store a solid kayak. I have a car too so its just easier if it can inflate and deflate. It would only be used in calm conditions for my shore dives and used to check out the mansions on star island in Biscayne Bay here in miami.

How about at one that doesn't need to be blown up? The inflatables just do not track well.

Ditto X 2.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom