Info needed for diving Skiathos, Greece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,

We are traveling on monday to Skiathos. Does anyone have experience/information about dive centers, spots, wrecks and so on.
Does Greece use DIN or INT? Is EANx available there? Now in midd/end sept. should i dive dry or wet?

Thanks a lot for all inputs!

Erik

I can't speak specifically for Skiathos but I've seen Nitrox and Helium near there. You should have your choice of DIN or YOKE regs, not sure what INT is. In Sept, I was diving in a 3mm and finding it a bit cold. If you're from Norway, 3mm should be fine for you at this time of the year. Personally, I'd do 3mm in Aug and add 1mm per month and start reversing in March.

Halthron:
I can't speak specifically for Skiathos but I've seen Nitrox and Helium near there. You should have your choice of DIN or YOKE regs, not sure what INT is. In Sept, I was diving in a 3mm and finding it a bit cold. If you're from Norway, 3mm should be fine for you at this time of the year. Personally, I'd do 3mm in Aug and add 1mm per month and start reversing in March.

I think INT is short for INT yoke or International yoke aka yoke. When I was in Egypt they also kept referring to yokes as INTs.

Back
Top Bottom