Info On 19cf Pony Bracket For Tank/bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrifterEd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have 108 steel and scuba pro "Night Hawk" BC. Any comments suggestions about mounting a 19cf pony. I've seen some brackets that attaches with a small clip that allows you to just push a lever and slide in/out. Anyone know the manufacters????Thanks in advance for your comments... :11ztongue

drifter plus:
I have 108 steel and scuba pro "Night Hawk" BC. Any comments suggestions about mounting a 19cf pony. I've seen some brackets that attaches with a small clip that allows you to just push a lever and slide in/out. Anyone know the manufacters????Thanks in advance for your comments... :11ztongue

I've just bought a quick draw pony bracket from here http://www.quickdrawbracket.com/item432493.ctlg. Works great.

Check out The X Bracket made by REEF. Rock solid on my KnightHawk. One modification I made was to install a loop of nylon webbing thru the bracket that allows you to hang the pony on the main tank while you adjust the cam strap. Works just like the strap on the bc, a third hand, if you will. HTH

I would sling it like a stage bottle. (http://gue.com/equipment/tanks-4.shtml) (Picture of diver with stage bottle: http://halcyon.net/images/dives/rhea10-01_107.jpg)

This keeps it in the slipstream created by your shoulders and head, so the bottle doesn't add any drag. Also, by having it under your arm, you can easily untangle it if you get it snagged. While some divers reserve the pony for themselves, another advantage of the stage mounting style is you can hand it off if you wish.

Keep in mind with a tank-mount quick release, you probably won't be able to reach the quick release device underwater, so if you want to unhook it while on the dive, you'll need you buddies help.

Another mount is the ponease. The advantage to that mount is that it attaches to the cam straps and not the tank and therefore is good for traveling and using rental tanks.

A lot depends on your concept and intent. If you want to use it as a possible handoff tank like Tek suggests then slinging it is the way to go. For me, my pony is for me... not to ever be handed off. If someone needs air then they can have my primary or my octo. My pony is just for emergency only....reg failure.....not to extend a fun dive.

It is all how you look at it. And, you have the right to look at it your way.
rich

check out.... www.sea-lutions.com/ponease

RICHinNC:
Another mount is the ponease. The advantage to that mount is that it attaches to the cam straps and not the tank and therefore is good for traveling and using rental tanks.

A lot depends on your concept and intent. If you want to use it as a possible handoff tank like Tek suggests then slinging it is the way to go. For me, my pony is for me... not to ever be handed off. If someone needs air then they can have my primary or my octo. My pony is just for emergency only....reg failure.....not to extend a fun dive.

It is all how you look at it. And, you have the right to look at it your way.
rich

check out.... www.sea-lutions.com/ponease
thanks for suggestions to all re pony brackets...

drifter plus:

When diving with pony, I mount mine on the tank, up side down, with QuickDraw bracket using a separate strap, not one of BC's, counterweighted with 2lbs of lead on the same strap.

Back
Top Bottom