Info requested - Mayan Riviera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Hatfield

Contributor
Reaction score
Ontario , Canada & Playa del Carmen, Mexico
# of dives
500 - 999
I am travelling with friends and my wife to the Catalonia Yucatan on February 16, 2007. I am the only diver of the 4 of us. I need to know if this resort, near Puerto Adventuras, has its own dive operation or if I need to travel off-site to Playa. I also can only spend one morning on a cenote dive so I need to know which is the best. I did my 'Cavern/Cave Intro' last November but have not completed the final exam so I am not yet carded. Any info and/or comments would be appreciated.

Ed,

Can you call or e-mail the resort? Many resorts have dive shops on site.

On the other hand there are a million dive shops in and around Playa many of which are probably online. Have you tried a search of the dive shops in the area on the net?

I'll do a bit of looking around and see what I can come up with.

Have a great trip!

My wife and I honeymooned in Play from the 7th to the 21st of January 07 and had an absolute blast. I dove through Aqua Inn which was located on the Sandos Playcar resort site.

I tried a search for the resort's e-mail but came up empty handed. I've had some good info from other posts on reputable operators, but it would be so convenient if they had a quality dive shop/operation on site.

checkout locogringo.com, their forums are great for this type of question

Ed Hatfield:
I am travelling with friends and my wife to the Catalonia Yucatan on February 16, 2007. I am the only diver of the 4 of us. I need to know if this resort, near Puerto Adventuras, has its own dive operation or if I need to travel off-site to Playa. I also can only spend one morning on a cenote dive so I need to know which is the best. I did my 'Cavern/Cave Intro' last November but have not completed the final exam so I am not yet carded. Any info and/or comments would be appreciated.

If you're near Aventuras then there's no need to travel to Playa if you want to dive. There are two good shops in Aventuras. Aquanauts http://aquanauts-online.com and Dive Aventuras www.diveaventuras.com I think the resort shop is Pro Dive www.prodivemex.com Since you're the only diver in your group I'm guessing that you won't be able to spend all your days diving? Onsite might be the easiest option in that case.

If you're close to Aventuras and want to finish up your cert, get in touch with Dennis at Diablo Divers www.diablodivers.com He's based in Aventuras and can take you diving in the cenotes and also ocean dives. Not 100% sure, but I think he takes his ocean dive customers out with Aquanauts.

BTW, while the locogringo board is good for Akumal info, it's become more of an Akumal Beach Club fan club board in the past year. Don't know that you'll get much useful info on diving in Aventuras or a resort not ABR and/or not having "Akumal" in it's name.

I highly recommend Dennis at Diablo divers.... he does a great job, will work with your schedule and cenotes are his specialty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom