[info]San Josè del Cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rejetto:
...which is the best diving season.
Rejetto, most of the dive ops I've researched for my own first trip (in two weeks! :10: ) seem to agree that the Sea of Cortez is best dived mid-June to November. However, August and September are the rainiest months for Baja California Sur (the Mexican state in which Los Cabos are located), as well as being in prime hurricane season. The prime overall tourist season for Los Cabos (plural name for Cabo San Lucas + San Jose del Cabo -- edited, thanks Donoo, don't know why I misnamed that!) is November-February, meaning the highest lodging prices, I'm sure. A third season is the whale-watching season in the Sea of Cortez, which is in the February-April time.

There is an active board (not diving-specific) from which I've gotten very good, precise news regarding Baja California. That's how I learned about the rainy season, for instance, as well as other weather conditions that can affect diving and travel. That board's link is:
http://math.ucr.edu/~ftm/bajaPages/MsgBoard/MsgBoard.html

Ciao,
Wayne

Los Cabos, Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, don't know no San Juan. Don't know of any dive operation out of San Jose. Either around the corner at Cabo Pulmo or out in the ocean at San Lucas. From Cabo San Lucas you might do some of the rocks between San Jose and Cabo San Lucas.

In the sumer, starting mid June it is hot, into August it might cloud up in the afternoon, might even rain. By Sepember you are looking at storms. I'd vote Cabo Pulmo, mid October to mid November or April and May. In the spring the water is cooler, in October warm. Don't ever want to go to Cabo San Lucas. Rather go to Mexico.

adios don O

One more thing, November thru April is the tourist season if you are a board sailor. April thru November is the tourist season if you are into fishing. August and September are to hot and might have storms. December thru February might be to cold. Cabo San Lucas is always expensive, but you can always get cheap packages in August and September. ( see above ). Best diving, April and May out of Loreto. Cabo San Lucas should be in California.

good luck don O

Back
Top Bottom