Information on Deep6 Wings & Harness Webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CrumhornDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been reading many of the threads on Deep6's product line and have been impressed with the feedback from other users and the information posted by Chris, Landon & Doug about their product specifications and answers to user questions.

That said, I haven't been able to find much information on the Deep6 wings & harnesses. I have found one user review, which was helpful and positive:

Deep 6 Review: BP/W, Harness, and Eddy Fins

From Taath's review, it seems like there may have been some deliberate choices in the design of the wing. He mentions the material feels almost rubbery and the description on the Deep6 site says it's made from reversed 440 Denier. He also mentioned that the webbing had been dipped in silicone. I'd like to better understand why the product was created in this way (having read about the Deep6 regs, I'll bet there was a reason). I'd also like to find out what the inner bladder specs are.

If any SB members have looked at the Deep6 wings, used the Deep6 wings, or had any other interaction on the subject, could you share your views? Also, Chris, Doug & Landon, if you guys can provide additional information on the materials selected and any other thought you put into the BCDs I'd appreciate it.

Based on the feedback I've seen on the regs and Eddy fins, I cannot imagine that the wing is anything other than top quality, but I think the community and potential buyers would benefit from additional information.

It's not silicone, it just PU and the same material many VCD's use, just reversed. I liked the look, easy to clean

Yeah, I need to write some more details

I loved the look and feel of the Harness, only issue I have with it is the buckle provided didn't seem to hold its grip on the harness once it got wet. If I exhaled or pushed out my gut at all it would either pop the buckle or the harness would slide through the buckle. Looking into a low profile buckle or sliding buckle to see if it fixes the problem, but I am falling in love with sidemount right now so the BP/W may be on the shelf for awhile.

I've been reading many of the threads on Deep6's product line and have been impressed with the feedback from other users and the information posted by Chris, Landon & Doug about their product specifications and answers to user questions.

That said, I haven't been able to find much information on the Deep6 wings & harnesses. I have found one user review, which was helpful and positive:

Deep 6 Review: BP/W, Harness, and Eddy Fins

From Taath's review, it seems like there may have been some deliberate choices in the design of the wing. He mentions the material feels almost rubbery and the description on the Deep6 site says it's made from reversed 440 Denier. He also mentioned that the webbing had been dipped in silicone. I'd like to better understand why the product was created in this way (having read about the Deep6 regs, I'll bet there was a reason). I'd also like to find out what the inner bladder specs are.

If any SB members have looked at the Deep6 wings, used the Deep6 wings, or had any other interaction on the subject, could you share your views? Also, Chris, Doug & Landon, if you guys can provide additional information on the materials selected and any other thought you put into the BCDs I'd appreciate it.

Based on the feedback I've seen on the regs and Eddy fins, I cannot imagine that the wing is anything other than top quality, but I think the community and potential buyers would benefit from additional information.

Glad to hear you found my review helpful! Send me a PM if you have additional questions!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom