Inherent Buoyancy of Express Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my Express Tech and part of that is because there is no extra padding. You can add it, but why?

Because it is more comfortable.

I have dove the BC both ways, and I will take it WITH the padding everytime...especially with little or no wetsuit.

To each their own, my friend!!

:)

Hey all

I'm very interested in this configuration (ET deluxe, minus padding) but I find myself flip flopping between the ET and the oxycheq ultra lite travel with donut bladder. So a couple quick questions.

1-has anyone had issue with the upper cam band being too high and not being secure due to the crown of the tank?

2-i recall a pic showing a rear pull dump on both sides of bladder (I've always preferred donut style) question is, any big problems with air shift or annoying trapped air? I generally dive with little to no air in bladder, but I'm curious if anyone has this problem. It just seems it would be better to eliminate 1 of the failure points (ie. pull dumps) and go with donut.

Thanks

Hey all

I'm very interested in this configuration (ET deluxe, minus padding) but I find myself flip flopping between the ET and the oxycheq ultra lite travel with donut bladder. So a couple quick questions.

1-has anyone had issue with the upper cam band being too high and not being secure due to the crown of the tank?

No, just fine. Its no different to any other back plate.

2-i recall a pic showing a rear pull dump on both sides of bladder (I've always preferred donut style) question is, any big problems with air shift or annoying trapped air? I generally dive with little to no air in bladder, but I'm curious if anyone has this problem. It just seems it would be better to eliminate 1 of the failure points (ie. pull dumps) and go with donut.

Thanks

You can buy the "plate" part and use any wing you wish to use. I simply installed my "all elastic wing" but could have installed any other on the market. The wing that comes as part of the package (If you choose to buy it like that) is just a standard horse wing. As a "comfort" item it has a dump valve in each side so you don't have to remember which side has the valve.

You may contact Gibby or your local retailer if you wish to replace the wing with one that has one pull dump rather than two, a shorter inflation hose, or an elbow rather than a pull dump valve.

Zeagle Non Exhaust Inflator Elbow scuba diving gear at Zeagle Express
Zeagle All_Elastic Bladder scuba diving gear at Zeagle Express
http://www.zeagleexpress.com/gear/BCDS/Zeagle BC Bladders/All_Elastic Bladder.html

The whole system is modular really.

D

Ok the very belated photos of my simple weight system (see post 6) , a friend had it making some mods for me. This ET has been modified somewhat to make it a very multipurpose BC. In addition to the weight system and usual D-rings, it has had mods made to the shoulder straps to prevent them from tightening which causes the BC to ride up, extra gromments for sidemount, D-ring added to the lower cam band for SMB/light stowage and additional waist rings for use with a double hose reg.

Attachments

• PC230101.JPG
    PC230101.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 168
  • PC230100.JPG
    PC230100.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 151
  • PC230099.JPG
    PC230099.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 160
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back