Initial Review- Tilos Hawkeyes Bi-focal mask 2.75

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theduckguru

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
After doing a lot of price/quality point comparisons of bi-focal masks, I decided to try the Tilos Hawkeyes mask with +2.75 bi-focal lenses and the optional x band strap sight unseen.

The mask has a large and very soft skirt allowing it to fit large faces, but the mask face is smaller than I ideally prefer. Another 1/2" both in height and width would have been ideal as I have a large face. The plastic frame seems adequate. The strap attach points on the skirt seem a liitle weak, but are probably ok for normal wear and tear. The nose pocket is extremely pliable because the silicon is very thin in this location.

The bifocal lenses are at a good height to read computers and I would not reccomend buying less that than then 2.75 power lense.

The X band strap is a nice addition because it allows the strap to be worn higher on the back of the head and moves the strap above your ears. The mask is not objectionable with the standard strap.

Wearing it out of water, I am a little concerned with fogging in water, but will post another report after I get a chance to use it.

This mask prices at $110 with the x band strap and 2 bifocal lenses or about $70 with one lense and the standard strap.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom