Inks Lake State Park | Search & Recovery Mission Maybe Needed?

What would you do?

• Not worth the hassle, buy new equipment!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Find someone who you can pay to find it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

latracia

New
Reaction score
Using this group to see if I can locate any local divers who might want to help me find my waterproof camera that I “tossed” (aka. Idiotically fumbled) into Inks Lake State Park lake this weekend... Evaluating the hassle* of doing this knowing that lake is muddy and murky vs just getting new equipment.

Thought I’d try to have the discussion. Thanks to anyone who might have any ideas!

*It’s also my dive camera (Olympus TG-3) that fits into my underwater housing kit/gear/wet lens that’s sitting at home, hence the hassle.

I'm saying buy new equipment.
You don't even know whether you'll find it or not, so...

Did you mark the location with a GPS?
Where you moving at the time?

Will your home owners insurance cover this accident?

That is a fun place to jump off the rocks. I would say that the answer lies somewhere in how tight a search area you have. Out in the middle somewhere? A particular spot under the swimming area?

Look for some divers that are bored. I've made a number of futile dives to find lost objects just because I wanted something different to do and see if the tricks I've learned can work. My results are spotty especially when the the search area is vague.

If I'm just wasting air and having fun anyway, what the heck. I've been paid in thanks, air fills, money, crawdads, and ...

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom