Inner Space Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep Thought

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just returned from Inner Space 2013 ( 10th Anniversary) at Dive Tech / Cobalt Coast and it was an incredible week of ccr diving. For those who are not familiar, this is an event where 70 ccr divers from around the world meet-greet, see all the popular rebreathers in action, attend informative presentations, learn from the experts, meet manufactures of key rebreather and technical dive equipment, and meet new friends.

This trip I met divers from (and apologize if I missed your location) Australia, South Africa, UK, Egypt, Europe, Canada, Caribbean, and U.S. to name a few. The speakers provided a wealth of subjects from safety in ccr, manufacturing, medical, DAN team of doctors doing research on bubbles, exotic cave diving, underwater lighting, Co2 monitoring, TekDiveUSA, Euro Tech, etc…. You simply can’t attend an event like this and not learn something new unless you slept in your room the entire time.

The location is Grand Cayman where the water is clear, great walls, warm and full of colorful coral, fish, sponges and now the new wreck of Kittywake. But it is the top notch staff that Nancy and Jay have assembled at Dive Tech that are able to make this seamless smooth and the model for “Rebreather Friendly” dive resort. The staff are trained on many ccr in recreational and technical diving, so its easy to enjoy recreational depths, the 200 or 300 foot dive boats that go out daily. I happened to be training ccr 200 ft students and enjoyed the excellent house reef, and shuttle to Lighthouse.

For those who have visited Cobalt Coast and have been spoiled by the staff and host Arie, you will not leave disappointed. For ease and simplicity the breakfast and dinner is served in buffet style with a nice variety of healthy, hearty and tasty treats which means you could make good choices if you wish. I honestly do not recall in all my travels a more gracious and hard working host as Arie…

The model that Nancy has in place includes: rental cylinders to fit most ccr’s, stage bottles for bailout/deco, sorb in granular, cartridge and pre pack to fit most all ccr’s, covered dive station to set your ccr overnight – work on it – etc, EZ drop off and re-fill of gas cylinders (empties go in back, full are out in front), gas blending Pro’s, experienced seasoned ccr instructors and dive masters.

It had been a couple years since I attended last, and it made me wonder why I missed this incredible opportunity? I reflected on events such as Pure Inspiration where Martin hosted ccr divers at Plymouth England, or Zero Gravity, but it is the endurance, perseverance, and dedication to supporting the rebreather industry by Nancy that I applaud! Seriously folks, the hard work that Nancy has put into this event has touched so many rebreather divers over the years and I hope that she has the will to keep it going for another 10….

Mark the event on your calendar for next year, or do as I have done and plan a ccr week at Dive Tech for your dive group. You will not have the wealth of learning as you do with Inner Space, but the ease and simplicity of diving a rebreather or train ccr students is hard to beat!

www.divetech.com

also check out www.tekdiveusa.com for future technical and ccr conference,

as well as www.rosemarylunn.worldpress.com to see what Ros is up to with past bits on RF3 or future conferences around the world

Never Stop Learning,

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom