Inon and iTTL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine

Contributor
Reaction score
:confused: Ok. I admit it. I have NO IDEA how the Heinrich adapter works. And I didn't want to till now. I will be having the AD200 housing for the D200 and 2 Inon D2000w strobes. And I will have the Heinrich board installed into the housing. Any one here knows what setting should the strobes be on? Heinrich's manual was less than satisfying. Should the strobes be set to Manual and Full? or S-TTL? or External?

And how the heck does the adapter work? Does it control the power of the strobe or the duration of the strobe? I know it is premature but (as you can tell) I am very excited about my new housing and really want it out the moment it gets here. Thanks for the help guys.

dunno how heinrich's board looks but supposedly the Sea & Sea TTL converter I have (and you saw at the workshop) has Heinrich's converter board. That being said, the S&S converter has a dial from -1 to +1 ev adjustments and a setting to go manual. On the Inon (I have the Z-240 but presume the D-2000W is similiar) you set the dial to TTL and ev controller to TTL (9 o'clock setting) on the strobes. Magnet should be in. If you want to go manual, switch the heinrich converter to manual, set the Inon to M (Manual) and dial in the ev to your preference... Hope that helps. Try some tests... :D

Ah... the local dealer runs a local dive shop and doesn't really understand English well and my Cantonese is not good enuff to translate my needs. :shakehead Life of an English speaker in HK. Anyway, I will try to talk to him again, and maybe dig up more stuff in the WWW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom