Inon D-2000 TTL compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ejg62

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The Inon website states the D-2000 strobe has TTL functionality. Which housings does it have TTL compatibility with? The Ikelite housings have TTL compatibility only with other Ikelite strobes. The Canon housings don't offer TTL.

I have a Canon G9 and I am considering what set up to go with.

Thanks

ejg62

The D-2000 only fires optically. As it is controlled by the cameras internal flash, if the camera has ttl then it should control the ttl of the strobe. It should work with your G9.

For a little more money I would go with the Z240. It fires optically, and will work with your camera. It also fires electronically, so it will grow with you if you decide to go with a housed DSLR.

The D-2000 only fires optically. As it is controlled by the cameras internal flash, if the camera has ttl then it should control the ttl of the strobe. It should work with your G9.

For a little more money I would go with the Z240. It fires optically, and will work with your camera. It also fires electronically, so it will grow with you if you decide to go with a housed DSLR.

I use to think that way but now that Nexus & Seatool have started utilizing fiber optic bulkheads, my dream is to get rid of my TTL converter and sync cords (weak link in my system IMHO) and start using fiber optic cables. i hope that this is the future.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom