Inon D-2000/Z240 Strobe Diffuser Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DENLASCUBA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a question about the Inon D-2000/Z240 -.05 5400 K strobe diffuser. There are 2 options

1. Auto
2. Manual/ TTL- can not use auto function

Does anyone know the real difference between the two except the manual diffuser is cheaper.

I noticed there is a black ring for the auto function on the front of the diffuser for the auto diffuser. Is this magnetic because the Manual diffuser only has a hole with out this black ring.

The strobe comes with the TTL diffuser this allows you to shoot in TTL and TTL-low and in manual which covers a wide range of cameras and situations. Some cameras like canon don't offer a TTL flash in manual this is where the auto mode comes handy as it uses the light meter built in the strobe. You can also use the auto mode in situations where the on board TTL flash doesn't work properly or when you want to control shadows. In most cases depending on your brand TTL diffusers are fine. Personally I use the auto diffusers as I do sometimes work with the auto mode for one of the strobes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom