Inon s-2000 and Clear Photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cannon fodder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Does anyone know if the s-2000 wireless mirror is compatible with the clear photo system? I got the flash for my wife, it arrived last night. With her the easier the better and not having to fuss with a cable would be a plus. I took a picture into a mirror and the s-2000 went off, but there was a noticable flash spot arround the camera itself from the internal flash. The Inon wireless connecter does not come with clear photo strips like the l-cap systems do. I am wondering if this is intentional, that the s-2000 fires off of visible light in wireless mode, or if a clear system can be installed onto the camera.

Anyone tried it?

Thanks!

Never mind, I found it in the manual, page 22 "clear photo film is not usable for wireless connection". I will see how her mileage goes.

You still might try a little black tape on the front side of the housing to prevent backscatter. And as far as testing it using a mirror, try again without one to be certain it works (unless you are expecting the fish to hold up little mirrors for you when shooting for real :)).

unless you are expecting the fish to hold up little mirrors for you

Actually taking pictures of silvery fish works well for that purpuse.

I took a shot and my wife said the flash fired fine. The purpuse of taking a picture of a mirror is to see where the flash spots are. They show up very clearly in a mirror. I'll try the tape, sounds like an idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom